HARTFORD, Conn. – The Travelers Championship recently announced that Patrick Reed, Brandt Snedeker and Marc Leishman – a trio that has combined for 15 PGA TOUR victories, including Leishman’s win at the 2012 Travelers Championship – have committed to play in the 2017 tournament.
“All three of these players have won multiple times on the PGA TOUR,” said Travelers Championship Tournament Director Nathan Grube. “Marc has already won here, while Brandt and Patrick have been in contention for a win. They are great additions to what’s shaping up to be a fantastic field.”
Patrick Reed will be playing in his sixth Travelers Championship.
- Reed tied for 11th in 2016, his best finish in five starts.
- Reed, who is No. 15 in the Official World Golf Ranking, is coming off the most successful season of his career.
- He won for the fourth straight year, finished third in the FedExCup points race and represented the United States in the Olympics and Ryder Cup.
- Reed has five TOUR victories, including events in the World Golf Championships (2014 Cadillac Championship) and FedExCup playoffs (The Barclays in 2016).
Brandt Snedeker has also played in five Travelers Championships, with a tie for 10th in 2015 his best showing.
- Snedeker won the PGA TOUR rookie of the year in 2007.
- He won the FedExCup title in 2012 after winning the season-ending TOUR Championship.
- Snedeker recorded his most recent of eight career TOUR victories in 2016 at Torrey Pines.
- He was a member of the winning U.S. Ryder Cup team at Hazeltine in 2016.
- Snedeker already has three top-10 finishes on TOUR this season.
- He is ranked No. 32 in the world.
Marc Leishman had one of the greatest final rounds from a Travelers Championship winner in 2012, shooting 62 to come from six shots back and earn his first TOUR victory.
- Leishman’s second TOUR win came this season, at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- A native of Australia, he competed in the Presidents Cup in 2013 and 2015, and is on pace to make the 2017 team.
- Leishman is ranked No. 36 in the world.
Reed, Snedeker and Leishman join a player field that already includes Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Justin Thomas, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk, Zach Johnson and Russell Knox, the 2016 Travelers Championship winner.
The 2017 Travelers Championship will be held June 19-25, and tickets are now available. For more information on this year’s tournament, visit TravelersChampionship.com.
About the Travelers Championship
The Travelers Championship, held in Cromwell, Connecticut, is one of the premier events on the PGA TOUR and part of the FedExCup series. The tournament proudly supports the PGA TOUR’s Tradition of Giving Back by donating 100 percent of net proceeds to charities. Travelers, a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for home, auto and business, is the Official Property Casualty Insurance Provider of the PGA TOUR.