DELRAY BEACH, Florida – While 2020 was a year most were happy to put in the rearview, Dormie Network members enjoyed some exciting developments – on and away from the golf course – with many more to come in 2021.
Dormie Network offers a unique, national golf membership, through which members have exclusive access to a portfolio of private destination golf clubs across the country. Each club is designed to create unforgettable experiences, with each visit, meeting or event completely customized. The network’s nationally ranked clubs include designs from some of the sport’s most renowned course architects. Given their close proximity to major cities such as San Antonio, Omaha, Roanoke, Nashville, St. Louis, Richmond, and Philadelphia, these clubs are equally ideal for weekend getaways, buddy trips and corporate retreats.
With an eye on the future, Dormie Network continues to expand its amenities and further enhance the membership experience. Upcoming additions and improvements at Dormie Network properties include clubhouses, cottages, comfort stations, driving ranges and more. Among the on-going additi
* Ballyhack Golf Club in Roanoke, Va., features a Lester George-designed, Old World, Scottish Highlands layout tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Spring construction includes a new residential entrance gate, while a main entry and tunnel renovation is projected to be complete in August. New standard and executive cottages, along with an owner’s cottage and a housekeeping building will debut by the end of the year.
* Briggs Ranch boasts a highly regarded, Tom Fazio-designed layout on the edge of Texas Hill Country in San Antonio. This year, Briggs Ranch will debut new standard and executive cottages, with Phase 3 of the club’s cottage construction program expected to be complete by spring 2022.
* Dormie Club in Pinehurst is a private, destination club for the golf purist that in 2010 debuted its Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw-designed masterpiece. Last year, Dormie Club christened two standard and one executive cottage, and recently started construction on an expansive, two-story owner’s cottage, with an exterior deck overlooking the lake next to the 5th Dormie Club will eventually boast a total of 15 cottages in a variety of sizes, reflecting the rustic, secluded nature of the club and its surrounding environment. The exciting news around Dormie Club in 2021 is the anticipated summer opening of its 16,600-square-foot clubhouse and a stand-alone pro shop, along with a new housekeeping building, maintenance building, comfort station and entrance gate.
* Hidden Creek Golf Club also has a Coore & Crenshaw-designed golf course on a sprawling, 750-acre parcel of aged woodlands in southern New Jersey, just outside Atlantic City. The eight-bedroom Lodge at Hidden Creek shows off the club’s Old-World charm, and provides an extraordinary complement to the experience, whether accessing the club for business or leisure. A trio of new houses will be unveiled at Hidden Creek by the end of the year.
* The centerpiece of Victoria National in Newburgh, Ind., is a Fazio creation set amid 418 acres of reclaimed mining land, embracing a dramatic landscape, native vegetation, and spring-fed lakes. Victoria National has played host to the past two Korn Ferry Tour Championships. Victoria National expects to open two phases of cottages in 2021, along with a new housekeeping building. The club’s private cottages include master suites, a fully stocked bar and community fire pits.
* ArborLinks in Nebraska City features a golf course designed by Arnold Palmer and surrounded by native Nebraska prairie in the heart of the Midwest. ArborLinks’ clubhouse and cottages provide the ideal spot for an off-the-grid retreat, day trip or weekend getaway.In 2021, ArborLinks will cut the ribbon on a new driving range.