HARTFORD, Conn. – Attention Golf Aficionados. Have you reached your breaking point of watching televised golf? Aren’t you itching to bust out and snap-hook a few 5-irons? Admit it, you’re dying to tee up one of those brand-new Pro V-1 golf balls, from the dozen you got as a gift in December?
Truth is, the weather outside hasn’t been too frightful, but Jack Frost is still nipping at your nose and the golf season won’t start until a few more weeks. Thankfully, it’s been a mild winter, and the only people complaining are jobless snow plow drivers.
Rejoice New England Golf Nation because next week the annual Connecticut Golf Show comes to Hartford Convention Center Friday March 20, Saturday March 21 and Sunday March 22. Entering its 30th year, New England’s largest golf showcase features dozens of displays, exhibits and inter-active activities including over 110 vendors and four different hitting areas.
The 2020 Connecticut Golf Show is next weekend presenting the top club manufacturers, many name-brand gear and apparel companies, product inventors, golf courses, destination resorts and a wide selection of interesting vendors, including the latest trend for aging golfers – CBD oil and pain relief lotions. All will create an upbeat environment, and it is ‘the place’ to visit if you like golf. There will even be opportunities for a free lesson from local pros.
Here’s what to you need to know:
• Chris Cote’s Golf Shop, a primary sponsor with on-site driving range, will let you try the latest driver’s, including the Callaway Epic Flash, which some are calling the best driver ever made.
• Short Game Challenge, which lets you try out your short game by chipping to win rounds of golf, golf balls and other prizes and if you make a hole-in-one you take home the grand prize.
• Long Drive Challenge will let you try out a state-of-the-art simulator to win rounds of golf with separate divisions for men, women and seniors, everyone has a chance to win.
• Putting Challenge where every successful putter wins a round of golf and an entry in Sunday’s Putting Championship, where putters will compete to win a fantastic stay-and-play package.
• GOLFTEC Lesson Zone where you enter the Lesson Zone and get your swing analyzed by a certified teaching professional.
• Wellness Zone where you learn lots of good stuff about staying healthy and let the golf doctors help fix your pain and maximize your potential for a healthy year ahead.
• 19th Hole doesn’t need explanation and you know there will be plenty of beverages to choose from. Take a breather & visit the Michelob Ultra 19th Hole to grab a cold beverage and watch golf, football, basketball and other sports on big-screen TVs.
• The Main Stage is a hub of activity throughout the weekend featuring interactive swing seminars from local pros, new product demos, interviews with golf industry experts, junior golf presentations and meet Dave Souza, from GOLFTEC and Jason DeSombre, of Select Physical Therapy.
The main stage is a hub of activity throughout the weekend, featuring interactive swing seminars from area pros, new product demos, interviews with golf industry experts, junior golf presentations.
Varsity Communications, one of the nation’s largest producers of consumer expos, produces the Connecticut Golf Show. Varsity is highly-regarded by vendors and consumers in the golf industry and they produce eight national consumer golf expos.
Admission to the Golf Show is $14 for Seniors and $15 for Adults. There are opportunities available online to purchase The Players Tour Pass and discounts for active duty military, police and firefighters.
Friday March 20 11-5 p.m.
Saturday March 21 9- 5 p.m.
Sunday March 22 9-4
Connecticut Convention Center