BOSTON, Mass – In preparation for the 2022 U.S. Open Championship, the U.S.G.A, in conjunction with the Town of Brookline, unveiled a comprehensive parking and transportation plan to ensure safe and efficient movement of traffic and pedestrians during the tournament scheduled June 13-19 at The Country Club in Brookline.
The transportation system will use satellite parking lots to ensure that fans experience stress-free travel to and from The Country Club, which is set to host its fourth U.S. Open.
VIP PARKING OPTIONS
Fans traveling to the tournament by car will need to purchase VIP parking in advance. Complimentary shuttles will run continuously from all VIP parking lots beginning at 5:30 a.m. ET each day and continue until one hour following the conclusion of play. Navigate to the Fan Info and Parking & Transportation section at USOpen.com
- Boston College Chestnut Hill (140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467)
- Founders Park Garage (37 A Street, Needham, MA 02494)
- Boston College Newton Campus (885 Centre Street, Newton, MA 02459)
- UMASS Mount Ida (100 Carlson Ave, Newton, MA 02459)
There is no general parking for fans available in the immediate vicinity of The Country Club. All parking is by permit only. Parking restrictions surrounding The Country Club will be closely monitored and enforced. Vehicles that are parked illegally will be subject to ticketing, fines and towing. Detailed information regarding travel restrictions can be found on the Town of Brookline’s website at BrooklineMA.gov/USOpen.
Accessible parking spaces will be available at all championship parking lots for vehicles displaying the appropriate HP/DP license plates or placards. Individuals requiring lift-equipped transportation are encouraged to contact the USGA Admissions Department.
MASSACHUSETTS BAY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (MBTA)
“Taking the T” to designated MBTA stations will be the most convenient way to get to The Country Club. The MBTA will provide safe and comfortable transportation along their Subway, Commuter Rail and Bus lines. Fans should visit www.mbta.com/usopen.
The USGA will provide complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the below stations and The Country Club:
- ORANGE LINE – Forest Hills Station: Those traveling from the metro-Boston area or transferring from the Red or Blue lines, the Orange Line is the most efficient way to get to The Country Club.
- GREEN LINE (B) – Boston College Station: Fans traveling within the Brookline and Fenway/Kenmore area and utilizing a (B) Line station are encouraged to use this option. Shuttles are adjacent to Boston College’s Alumni Stadium.
- GREEN LINE (C) – Cleveland Circle Station: Fans traveling within the Brookline and Fenway/Kenmore area and utilizing a (C) Line station are encouraged to use this option. Shuttles will be on Beacon Street near the Ayr Road intersection.
- GREEN LINE (D) – Reservoir Station: Fans traveling from points west/northwest, the (D) line provides the most efficient service to the Cleveland Circle shuttle depot. Shuttles will be on Beacon Street near the Ayr Road intersection.
To avoid traffic restrictions and heavier congestion, fans traveling on I-95 from points west, north and south of Boston – and fans who live in the Newton, Needham, Dedham, Waltham, Wellesley and Weston areas – are encouraged to take ride share services to Lot X (37 A Street, Needham, MA 02494) where complimentary shuttle transportation will drop fans in close proximity to Gate 7 at The Country Club.
Fans traveling from points east of The Country Club – and fans who live in the Brookline, Boston, Cambridge and Chestnut Hill areas – are encouraged to take ride share services to Larz Anderson Park, accessible via the Avon Street entrance. Ride share services proceeding to Larz Anderson Park will be subject to following the commuter detour routing and traffic patterns enforced on the local roadways surrounding The Country Club. From Larz Anderson Park fans should be prepared for a ¾ mile walk to the nearest admission gate.
There is no parking or staging for vehicles at either Ride Share location, so please coordinate pick-up times accordingly. Access to ride share is limited to vehicles no larger than a 12-passenger van or limousine. Due to area traffic restrictions, ride share vehicles will not be permitted to pick-up or drop-off at any other location around the championship grounds. Fans who wish to ride their bicycle to The Country Club will be able to do so by following the bicycle signage plan and traffic pattern guidelines. Bike racks will be provided at Larz Anderson Park and Pine Manor College to secure bikes.
Expect 24-hour road closures in the immediate vicinity of The Country Club beginning on Saturday, June 11 at 5 a.m. and lasting through Monday, June 20. The below roads will be closed to commuter through traffic. Only residents displaying the appropriate parking hangtag, championship vehicles, and service vehicles will be permitted through the checkpoints.
- Clyde Street – Between Warren Street, Lee Street, and Newton Street intersections
- Lee Street – Between the Warren Street rotary and Clyde Street intersection
- Newton Street – Between Grove Street and Goddard Avenue intersection
- Meadowbrook Road via Goddard Avenue
- Yarmouth Road via Heath Street
On the web: USOpen