PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida – Fresh off his win at Bay Hill at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, World No. 5 Scottie Scheffler and TaylorMade Golf Company have announced a multi-year partnership.
Scheffler secured his first two career PGA TOUR victories in 2022 in a three start span at the WM Phoenix Open and the Arnold Palmer Invitational with his Stealth Plus 8.0° Carbonwood driver, Stealth fairway woods, and P7·TW irons.
“TaylorMade equipment has been integral in my career for many years, and I couldn’t be more excited to formally be a part of their roster of elite golfers,” said Scheffler in a press release. “I’ve worked with TaylorMade’s team on Tour for multiple seasons and their commitment to getting the right equipment in my bag was a driving force in joining Team TaylorMade. Continuously working to get my game to the highest level will always be at the forefront of my approach and I am thrilled to combine my passion for success with that already established culture at TaylorMade.”
The Ryder Cup sensation put Stealth Plus in the bag at his first start of 2022 at the American Express in January and has seen an average increase of 4+ MPH ball speed in tournament competition compared to his 2020-21 season average. He has had the P·7TW irons in the bag since the 2021 American Express, while previously playing TaylorMade’s P·730 irons.
“We are humbled that Scottie chose to commit his equipment future to Team TaylorMade,” said TaylorMade CEO & President David Abeles. “As he has proven with his two wins in his last three starts, Scottie’s game and champions mindset have driven his ascension to No. 5 in the world. Our goal as a company has been and will always be to attract the best players in the game and Scottie’s decision to join our team has us motivated to continue to push the limits of innovation across all product categories.”
Scottie Scheffler Snapshots:
* 12 Top-5 finishes and 20 Top-10 finishes, including three Top-10s in major championships since 2019.
* 21 rounds of 65 or lower and the most rounds of 62 or lower on the PGA TOUR since 2019, including a 59 at the 2020 Northern Trust.
* Has earned the most Official World Golf Ranking points (OWGR) points in 2022 with 144 points and can ascend to World No. 1 with win this weekend at THE PLAYERS.
* Won 2.5 pts from a possible 3 for the US in the 2021 Ryder Cup as a rookie.
* 2019-2020 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, 2019 Korn Ferry Rookie of the Year and winner of the 2013 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship.
* Both his PGA TOUR wins featured strong weekend performances going 62-67 to launch from 44th after two rounds to 1st at the WM Phoenix Open and shooting 68-72 to go from 20th after two rounds to 1st at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
* First PGA TOUR golfer to win twice in the same season when T-20+ through two rounds since 1987.