Foxboro, Mass – Looking for something fun to do this weekend?
Whether you’re a sports fan, casual player or admitted golf addict you might want to drive down to Gillette Stadium and check out the Northeast Golf Show scheduled Friday (1 p.m.-7 p.m) Saturday (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
Everyone knows Gillette a/k/a “the Razor” as home of the New England Patriots – six-time Super Bowl Champions – but this weekend the No. 1 topic is golf, not football.
For over 30 years, Boston has typically hosted the Golf Expo, but after being cancelled due to the pandemic in 2021, the Northeast Golf Show returns with a new sponsor and new location in Foxborough, 22 miles southwest of downtown Boston. The Golf Show is at Socios.com Field House at Patriot Place.
Golf aficionados can expect more of the same great “stuff” that a national golf expo features including equipment, travel, fashion, where to play and more. Deals, discounts, demos and a whole lot more is packed into three-days with several local comediennes from ‘Strokes & Jokes‘ (Saturday show 2-3 p.m. with Michael Petit) on hand to keep things entertaining as well as a visit from Myrtle Beach golf legend and former PGA Tour pro Charlie Rymer. Since the U.S. Open Championship is scheduled at The Country Club in Brookline (MA) June 16-19 you can see the trophy and have your photo taken with it. Also, you can try to win tickets to the U.S. Open, which is the toughest ticket to find anywhere in New England.
“The first annual Northeast Golf Show is shaping up to be one of the best golf events in New England,” said Rich Castiglione, show director. “We have some amazing attendee features and over 100 exhibiting companies. We are excited to help continue to grow the game in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and beyond.”
Here are the top-20 reasons to go:
• Demo the latest equipment from major golf manufacturers on the OnCore Golf Range.
• Shop the best deals of the season in the Golf Fore Less pro shop.
• Demo the latest PXG equipment and schedule a custom fitting at Pure Golf.
• Over 80 exhibitors offering great deals on merchandise, products and services at rock-bottom prices.
• Check out travel destinations, golf resorts, public courses and private clubs and customize your next golf vacation.
• Play a world-famous hole on your bucket list golf course in the Clarity Golf Simulator lounge.
• Get a quick tune-up at the “New England PGA Learning Center.”
• Get a golf or baseball swing assessment w/ NPI Golf & Baseball Coaches.
• Get a health consultation at the TB12 Fitness Zone.
• Get fit for a new putter at the Golf Fore Less Putter Shop and work on your stroke at the Grass 365 practice putting green.
• Check out custom golf cars and the newest golf carts with Five Star Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles.
• Take photos with the real U.S. Open trophy on Saturday in the USGA photo booth and a chance to win tickets to the 2022 U.S. Open at TCC Brookline.
• Test your skills in contest with PXG longest putt, closest to the pin, Leaderboard New England 3-Shot Challenge and Drive Chip & Putt.
• Groove your swing at Robo Golf Pro Pavilion with Ocean State Golf Academy.
• Play Metro Mini Links putting course to help raise money for the Jimmy Fund.
• Enter daily raffles to win dozens of merchandise from the Golf Show exhibitors.
• Enjoy a beverage and snack in the USGA 19th Hole.
• Stock up for the season at Golf Balls Plus.
• Receive special show offers on gloves, balls, shoes, apparel and equipment.
• Get discounted rounds for the season at New England golf courses.
SAVE $2 ON ADMISSION & PURCHASE ONLINE