PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island – Metacomet Country Club, an exclusive private golf club in Providence, Rhode Island, which is owned and operated by the Members as “Not for Profit” is for sale with an asking price of $3.5 million.
The 18-hole championship course features a classic parkland layout designed by Donald Ross. The course has earned a reputation for providing a challenging test for accomplished golfers while being enjoyable for players of all ability levels. The 21,995 SF clubhouse offers spectacular views of the golf course and Narragansett Bay.
Metacomet Country Club is located in East Providence, less than ten minutes from downtown Providence.
The Club is situated in the path of progress directly across Veterans Memorial Parkway from East Providence Harborfront at Bold Point. The regentrification plan will transform the waterfront into a burgeoning mixed use district with an emerging mix of commercial, residential and public open space opportunities destined to benefit the future of Metacomet Country Club.
Conditions of sale include the assumption of all existing secured and unsecured debt obligations and liabilities plus a commitment to fund a “reinvention capital improvement plan.”
* The clubhouse features a 200 seat banquet room, bar, grill, dining room, covered patio, offices, golf shop, locker rooms and cart storage
* 1,658 SF maintenance facility
* Course is consistently maintained in outstanding condition
* The greens are considered some of the best in New England
* Four-year average annual revenue in excess of $2.9 M per year
* Significant upside for new ownership through infusion of “reinvention capital”
* Majority of maintenance equipment is owned and included in the sale
* Twenty-five golf carts included in the sale
* 138.27 acres, zoned O-1 (Open Space Zoning District)
* Located within East Providence Census Tract 104 which is approved as an Opportunity Zone
* 15-Mile Average Household Income of $90,474
For More Information Please Contact: Tom @ New England dot Golf at email@example.com.