BOSTON, Mass – Carr Golf – one of Ireland, England and Scotland’s premier providers of unforgettable golf and travel experiences – is offering a dream getaway to the 148 th Open Championship taking place July 18 – 21 at Northern Ireland’s famed Royal Portrush Golf Club.
The Open Championship is one of the world’s most famous sporting events and returns to Royal Portrush for the first time in 68 years. It will also mark just the second time the tournament will be hosted outside of England and Scotland in its 148-year history. Joe Carr, Carr Golf’s late founder and one of Ireland’s greatest golf heroes, won one of his three British Amateur Championship’s at Royal Portrush in 1960.
As an Authorized Ticket Provider of the Royal and Ancient (R&A), Carr Golf has exclusive access to this year’s final major. Along with attending the historic event, this exhilarating itinerary includes extravagant accommodations, tee times on Northern Ireland’s premium links courses, luxurious ground transportation and an unforgettable experience of arriving at World No.1 Royal County Down in a helicopter.
The five-day “Dream Open Championship 2019 Package” from July 21 – 25 includes:
• Eight tickets to the final round of The Open and lodging at Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort on July 21.
• A helicopter ride to a morning tee time at Royal County Down on July 22.
• In the afternoon, enjoy the spectacular vistas of the Irish Sea at Ardglass Golf Club, home to the oldest clubhouse in the world which dates to 1405 AD.
• Accommodations for the remaining nights are in the spacious and scenic Cloughorr Estate, which overlooks Royal Portrush where the world’s best will have battled it out the week prior.
• Take on Castlerock Golf Club the morning of July 23, the hidden gem of Northern Ireland links golf, followed by a stroll through the iconic Carrick-a-rede rope bridge over Giants Causeway – a fascinating assortment of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
• On July 24, tee it up at Portstewart Golf Club, host of the European Tour’s 2017 Irish Open.
• That afternoon, relish in the flavors of the world’s oldest licensed whiskey distillery at Bushmills Whiskey.
• On the final day, return to Royal Portrush Golf Club for the thrill of playing with the grand stands still up four days after The Open. Guests will also be treated to a private dinner planned by the Carr Golf Concierge.
“The British Open’s glorious return to Northern Ireland has created the perfect reason to book a golf trip,” says Marty Carr, executive chairman of Carr Golf. “Our tailor-made programs provide the chance to witness history at this summer’s championship, all while playing Ireland’s most beautiful links layouts.”
In addition to the package above, Carr Golf hosts several widely popular tournaments including the upcoming 12th Annual World Invitational Father & Daughter Tournament played at Southwest Ireland’s Waterville Golf Links (July 23 – 26) and the Donald Ross Pro-Am in Northern Scotland (Sept. 24 – 28). Only a few team spots remain for both events.
2019 is a significant milestone for Carr Golf as the thriving Dublin-based company enters its 30th year of providing unrivaled customer care for groups of all sizes and select “one-of-a-kind” itineraries featuring luxury accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, fine dining, caddies and anything else needed for stress-free, extraordinary golf vacations.